The standard recommended Edluar dosage for women, the elderly, and people with liver disease is 5 mg daily, taken immediately before bedtime. For men, the recommended dosasge is 5 to 10 mg.
Dosage of Edluar: An Introduction
The dose of Edluar® (zolpidem sublingual tablet) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Edluar
- Your sex
- Your age
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
For women, the standard recommended dosage of Edluar is 5 mg at bedtime. For men, the recommended dosage is 5 to 10 mg at bedtime. For elderly people or those with liver disease, the recommended amount is Edluar 5 mg immediately before bedtime.
General Information on Dosing With Edluar
Considerations for people taking Edluar include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a sublingual tablet. It is placed under the tongue (where it will quickly dissolve) immediately before bedtime.
- Do not chew the Edluar tablet or take it with water. Simply place it under the tongue.
- Taking your Edluar dosage with food or immediately after eating will make the medication work more slowly. Therefore, it is best to take this medicine on an empty stomach.
- Do not take this drug unless you can get a full night of sleep (seven or eight hours).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose of Edluar without your healthcare provider's approval.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Edluar dosing, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. If you have been taking this drug for a long time, do not stop taking it without first checking with your healthcare provider.