Sleep Home > Side Effects of Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of side effects with amphetamine and dextroamphetamine that you should report to your healthcare provider immediately, including, but not limited to:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Chest tightness
- Chest pain or heart palpitations
- Signs of Raynaud's disease, such as cold and numb fingers and toes
- Shortness of breath
- Depression (see Adderall for Depression)
- More outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal
- Abnormally long-lasting or frequent painful erections of the penis in males of any age
- Strange behavior
- Hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not really there)
- Agitation or restlessness
- Unexplained rash
- Uncontrolled movements of the head, neck, mouth, arms, or legs (known as tics).
Rare Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Side EffectsThere are other amphetamine and dextroamphetamine side effects that can occur. These rare side effects were reported in very few people taking this drug. Given how rarely they occur, it is difficult to tell whether these side effects are caused by the medication or something else.
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction, or ED)
- Decreased sex drive (see Adderall Sexual Side Effects).