Sleep Home > Ramelteon Dosing
By following ramelteon dosing guidelines carefully and taking your 8 mg tablet as your healthcare provider prescribes, you can help ensure a safe and effective treatment process. Your dosage should be taken 30 minutes before bedtime and should not be taken with food or immediately after a meal.
There is only one dose of ramelteon (Rozerem®) for treating insomnia -- ramelteon 8 mg taken 30 minutes before bedtime.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage of ramelteon unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Some considerations for people taking ramelteon include:
- Your ramelteon medication should be taken 30 minutes before you go to bed.
- Your ramelteon dosage should not be taken with food or right after eating a meal.
- Ramelteon works quickly; make sure that you are ready for sleep before taking this drug. Do not take ramelteon before driving or performing any tasks that require concentration.
- For ramelteon to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Ramelteon will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to ramelteon or your ramelteon dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking ramelteon without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.