Sleep Home > Precautions and Warnings for Zolpidem
It is important to review all precautions and warnings for zolpidem before beginning treatment. For example, certain people should not take the sleep medicine, including those who are allergic to any components of zolpidem. Other warnings for the drug relate to pregnancy risks, alcohol use, withdrawal, and other issues.
- Sleep apnea or other type of respiratory disease, such as emphysema or COPD
- Liver disease or liver failure
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Any sort of addiction
- Any allergies to medicines.
- Pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Drinking alcohol.