Sleep Home > Zolpidem Dosing
- Your zolpidem medication should be taken right before you go to bed.
- Your zolpidem dosage should be taken without food.
- Zolpidem works very quickly; make sure that you are ready for sleep before taking zolpidem. Do not take zolpidem before driving or performing any tasks that require concentration.
- For zolpidem to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Zolpidem will not work if you take it in a way other than the one your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- In general, zolpidem is used for only one to two days. It should not be used for more than one to two weeks. If you are still having trouble sleeping after one to two weeks, make sure to talk with your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to zolpidem or zolpidem dosing guidelines, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking zolpidem without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.