Temazepam Side Effects
While most people have no problems when taking temazepam, side effects can occur. Common ones include drowsiness, dizziness, and hangover. Less common -- but more serious -- reactions include hallucinations, jaundice, and unexplained rashes or swelling. If you experience any of these potentially serious side effects, notify your healthcare provider right away.
An Introduction to Temazepam Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with temazepam (Restoril®); however, not everyone who takes the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with temazepam. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of temazepam side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of TemazepamTemazepam has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which a group of people taking the drug have side effects documented and compared to another group not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common side effects of temazepam included:
- Drowsiness -- in up to 9.1 percent of people
- Lethargy -- up to 4.5 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 4.5 percent
- Hangover -- up to 3.1 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 1.7 percent
- An unexplained happy or pleasant feeling (euphoria) -- up to 1.5 percent
- Weakness -- up to 1.4 percent
- Confusion -- up to 1.3 percent
- A spinning sensation (vertigo) -- up to 1.2 percent.