Zolpidem Tartrate Extended-Release
Some general considerations for when and how to take zolpidem tartrate extended-release include:
- Zolpidem tartrate extended-release comes in tablet form. It is taken once a day, immediately before bedtime.
- It is recommended that you take your zolpidem tartrate extended-release dose with a glass of water, not after a meal, and not with food.
- Zolpidem tartrate extended-release works very quickly. Make sure that you are ready for sleep before taking zolpidem tartrate extended-release. Do not take zolpidem tartrate extended-release tablets before driving or performing any tasks that require concentration.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the zolpidem tartrate extended-release tablets.
- For this drug to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Zolpidem tartrate extended-release will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are still having trouble sleeping after 7 to 10 days, make sure to talk with your healthcare provider, as this may be a sign that something else (such as a medical condition) may be causing your insomnia.
Zolpidem Tartrate Extended-Release: Dosing
The dose of zolpidem tartrate extended-release that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Ambien CR Dosage for more information about dosing for zolpidem tartrate extended-release.)